Friday 23 October 2020

Shore Lark

 Littlestone - wet and windy - We`ve been off the Marsh for most of the week, only returning this morning from north Kent, where the indifferent weather made for several truncated birding excursions along the Thanet coastline with Barney in tow. The biggest surprise for me was that I just hadn`t realised how abundant Rose-ringed Parakeets had become; we counted 150 plus coming to roost near where we staying at Westgate. However, this afternoon I had to go to Dymchurch. On the way back home news came through concerning a Shore Lark found by a visiting birder who`d been searching for the long-staying Red-backed Shrike at the St Mary`s Bay end of Littlestone golf course. As I was literally passing by I turned off and soon enough was admiring a stunning adult bird hugging the turf and feeding alongside Meadow Pipits, Linnets and a Pied Wagtail. The only problem was though I didnt have any optics or camera with me, so no piccies I`m afraid! Hopefully, it will stay over the weekend affording further examination as Shore Larks are quite the rarity in these parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment